Join the WriterHouse community on Thursday, December 16, at 7:00 pm, in celebrating Kathryn Erskine‘s National Book Award for Young People’s Fiction. Her book, Mockingbird, is the story of ten-year-old Caitlin, whose Asperger’s makes it difficult to process the violent loss of the older brother who helped her make sense of the world.
Meet Kathy and congratulate her, enjoy conversation and refreshments. Books will be available for purchase and signing. Free and open to the public. WriterHouse, 508 Dale Avenue, behind the Preston Avenue Bodo’s. 434-296-1922.
- National Book Award Winners Announced (recordedbooks.wordpress.com)
- “Kathryn Erskine’s Mockingbird Wins 2010 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature” and related posts (booksforkidsblog.blogspot.com)
- “The Sunday Salon… A Look at The National Book Awards” and related posts (chickwithbooks.blogspot.com)
- Rocker Patti Smith wins national book award (cbc.ca)
- Patti Smith wins National Book Award with Robert Mapplethorpe story (guardian.co.uk)