Tuesday, November 29, 7:00pm–Charles J. Shields (Mockingbird; I Am Scout) has written what Publishers Weekly calls an “engrossing, definitive” biography of cultural icon Kurt Vonnegut. , And So It Goes has just been named a New York Times Notable Book for 2011. Join us at WriterHouse as Charles discusses his new book and the biographer’s art. Free and open to the public. Copies of And So It Goes will be available for purchase and signing.
Wednesday, November 30, 9:00pm–End of members’ early registration deadline for the winter writing class session that begins January 23.
Friday, December 2, 6:00-8:00pm–First Fridays Art Opening/Reception–Artist, Polly Lazaron, “Wind Dances Fire: Energy Drawings 2000-2010”–the art will be on display until January 14, 2012.
Online holiday shopping–if you do a lot of shopping online over the holidays, you can help WriterHouse by using our links to Amazon.com and GoodShop. Hundreds of your favorite online retailers participate in GoodShop. There is a link on our home page for both in the upper left column under “Donations and Shopping Links.”
- And So It Goes: A Rare Glimpse of Kurt Vonnegut’s Tortured Soul (brainpickings.org)
- And So It Goes – Kurt Vonnegut: A Life – By Charles J. Shields – Book Review (nytimes.com)
- How It Went (3quarksdaily.com)
- And So It Goes (litkicks.com)
- Countdown to Launch: November 8th (writingkurtvonnegut.com)
- ‘And So It Goes’: Kurt Vonnegut, disenchanted genius (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Vonnegut in All His Complexity (3quarksdaily.com)
Filed under: authors, books, charlottesville, virginia, workshops & classes, writing | Tagged: And So It Goes, Charles J. Shields, Kurt Vonnegut, Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee, WriterHouse, writing classes |